Education Benefits for Active Military
As an active member of the military, you have a number of resources available to you to help pay for your education. Military Tuition Assistance is provided to each branch including: Air Force, Army, Marines, Navy, Guard and Reserve.
Military Tuition Assistance
You can currently receive up to 100% federal tuition assistance from military service, with the following limits:
- 18 units at $250/semester – $4,500 annually
- 24 units at $166.67/quarter – $4,000 annually
The Top-Up Benefit
Top-Up is a program that allows GI Bill participants to use the GI Bill to supplement the tuition and fees not covered by tuition assistance. The amount of benefit can be equal to the difference between the total cost of a college course and the amount of tuition assistance that is paid by the military for the course. Learn more about the Top-Up Benefit.
To be eligible for the Top-Up Benefit, you must:
- Be approved for federal tuition assistance by a military department
- Be eligible for GI Bill benefits
- Be a GI Bill participant, still on active duty
- Have served at least two full years