CompTIA™ Certification Training: A+, Network+, Security+
This program will prepare you for CompTIA™ A+, Security+ and Network+ certifications. These credentials will assure employers that you are competent in PC troubleshooting and repair, in addition to validating your skills in security and network concepts. You will demonstrate competence with topics such as security attacks, mitigation, and disaster recovery, in addition to mastering skills that involve network design, routing, and switching.
Upon completion of the program, you will be given vouchers to take all three certifying exams (A+, Network+, Security+) at no additional cost.
Who Should Attend
Individuals interested in advancing in the IT workforce.
This program will thoroughly train you on CompTIA™ A+, CompTIA™ Network+, and CompTIA™ Security+ concepts and will prepare you for the following industry certification exams, CompTIA™ A+ Exams 220-801, 220-802, CompTIA™ Network+ Exam N10-006 and CompTIA™ Security+ Exam SY0-401.
- The entire program is offered online
- Instructor-facilitated online course
- Start anytime during the quarter
- Train from the convenience of your home and on your schedule
480 hours; 12 months
- Hardware components
- Maintenance procedures
- BIOS, CMOS, and boot process
- I/O devices, expansion cards, cables and connectors
- Laptops, storage devices, and printers
- Network types, devices, protocols and tools
- Operating systems, installation and upgrades
- Windows administrative tools
- Network configurations, user and group management
- Physical and digital security basics
- Network models and devices
- Protocols and services
- Remote access and connection
- Network optimization
- Troubleshooting networks
- Network security
- Compliance and operational security
- Threats and vulnerabilities
- Data and host security, access control, and identity management
- Perform routine computer troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance
- Be familiar with various operating systems and software
- Understand network concepts, including functions of each layer of the OSI model and the layers and functions of the TCP/IP Model
- Categorize WAN/LAN technology types and their properties
- Account management
- Techniques to raise security awareness
- Mitigating malware
- Discovery tools
- Practice in interactive labs and gain simulated experience
This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers.
This program can’t be taken on a Mac as all of the labs are not Mac compatible. You'll need to have email capabilities.
Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this course.