Pharmacy Technician (ASHP)
Interested in joining a growing industry and increasing your earning potential? Prepare for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam and gain real-world experience in the pharmaceutical industry. The Pharmacy Technician Certificate with and Externship program at CSUSB is designed to prepare you for a competitive field from the comfort of your home. Our program, offered in partnership with Career Step, was developed in collaboration with practicing pharmacists and certified pharmacy technicians to ensure your gain the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
*Pharmacy Technician students may take advantage of externship partnerships with Walgreens and CVS Pharmacy.
Who Should Attend
Those interested in joining the healthcare industry and increasing their earning potential.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be prepared for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Exam and earn a certificate of completion from California State University, San Bernardino – College of Extended Learning.
Pharmacy technicians work in a variety of settings. This field is expected to grow by 20% before 2022, offering you many opportunities. Select from a range of workplace environments such as:
- Retail Pharmacies
- Outpatient Clinics
- Mail Order Pharmacies
How You Can Benefit
- Convenient online format plus an externship
- Start anytime during the quarter
- Complete the program from the convenience of your home and on your schedule
- Progress at the pace that matches your learning style
|Course No.||HSCI 1016|
* Fees are subject to change
Total hours: 600
- Program Orientation 1
- Working at a Pharmacy 3
- Preparing for the Workforce 5
- Computer Fundamentals 7
- Keyboard Kinetics 10
- Medical Word Building 15
- Basic Anatomy 20
- Mastering Medical Language 23
- Pharmacology 55
- Pharmacy Law, Regulations and Standards 15
- Business of Pharmacy 17
- Simulation Preparation 1
- Pharmaceutical Calculations 60
- Prescriptions 25
- Nonsterile Compounding 30
- Community Pharmacy Practice 35
- Institutional Pharmacy Practice 45
- Externship Preparation 7
- Virtual Inventory Management for Technicians 10
- Virtual Medication Safety for Technicians 10
- Virtual Pharmacy Externship for Technicians 5
- Externship 200
- Final Exam Preparation 1
- Prepare for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Exam
- Train for careers in both retail and institutional healthcare settings
- Gain the necessary knowledge and skills to begin working immediately upon graduation
Must have access to a computer, Internet and an active e-mail account.
Two payment plans are available for Career Step programs.
To learn more about payment plans, contact Career Step at 1-877-225-7151 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please select the quarter you would like to register