Medical Transcription and Editing
Study with California State University, San Bernardino, in partnership with Career Step, and gain the skills you need to start a rewarding career as a medical transcriptionist. Medical transcription professionals play a key role in providing accurate medical records.
Who Should Attend
Those interested in working in the medical field as a medical transcriptionist or editor.
The curriculum is approved by the Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity (AHDI), and it includes real-world practical experience to ensure you gain the skills you need to excel in the workforce.
Medical transcription is primarily a work-from home occupation, giving you the opportunity to have a professional career from the comfort of your own home. Most healthcare providers outsource their medical transcription work to national healthcare documentation companies, which hire medical transcription professionals from all over the country to transcribe and edit the records from their homes in an online, virtual work environment.
- The entire program is offered online
- Start anytime during the quarter
- Complete it from the convenience of your home and on your schedule
- Progress at the pace that matches your learning style
|Course No.||HSCI 1011|
* Fees are subject to change
Total hours: 640
- Program Orientation 1
- Program Orientation 1
- Medical Transcription Editing Industry 5
- Technology and the Medical Professional 5
- Keyboard Kinetics 10
- Medical Word Building 15
- Grammar and Punctuation 10
- Anatomy, Pathophysiology and Disease Processes Block 1 5
- Anatomy, Pathophysiology and Disease Processes Block 2 25
- Mastering Medical Language 5
- Pharmacology 15
- Healthcare Documentation 10
- Diagnostic Reports 20
- Focus on Medical Specialties 30
- Midterm 0.5
- Introduction to Transcription 13
- Transcription Clinic Notes 105
- Transcription Basic Acute Care 100
- Transcription Advanced Acute Care 150
- Editing Theory 15
- Editing Technique 20
- Editing Clinic Notes 25
- Editing Acute Care 40
- Final Exam Preparation 0.5
- Gain the skills of both a medical transcriptionist and a specialized medical transcription editor
- Simulate the real world by training on hundreds of authentic physician dictations
- Prepare for the future of the industry as it relies more on speech recognition technology
- Train to begin working immediately upon graduation
Must have access to a computer, Internet and an active e-mail account.
Two payment plans are available for Career Step programs.
To learn more about payment plans, contact Career Step at 1-877-225-7151 or email@example.com
Please select the quarter you would like to register