Medical Billing (Voucher included)
The Medical Billing program helps students develop the knowledge and skills needed to work in healthcare reimbursement. Topics studied include medical terminology, documentation, patient billing, and special consideration such as ICD-10 and X12 5010, among others. Enrollment includes ebooks and program graduates receive a voucher to take the Certified Billing and Coding Specialist certification offered by the National Healthcareer Association.
Who Should Attend
Those interested in working in the medical field as a medical biller.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be prepared to work with industry specific forms, such as CMS-1500 and UB-04 forms.
Medical billers can be found in a variety of healthcare facilities, including: hospitals, clinics, doctors’ offices, skilled nursing facilities and home health agencies, among others. There are even employment opportunities in insurance companies and at specialized medical billing outsource firms.
- The entire program is offered online
- Start anytime during the quarter
- Complete it from the convenience of your home and on your schedule
- Progress at the pace that matches your learning style
|Course No.||HSCI 1019|
* Fees are subject to change
Total hours: 180
- Program Orientation 1
- Computer Fundamentals 7
- Medical Word Building 15
- Healthcare Structure and Organization 25
- Documentation and Confidentiality 20
- Mastering Medical Language 23
- Medical Coding Basics 20
- Exploring Healthcare Reimbursement 30
- Patient Billing and Collection 18
- Claim Form Completion 20
- Final Exam Preparation 1
- Help you gain the knowledge and skills needed to follow claims all the way through to payment
- Prepare to work with industry specific forms, such as CMS-1500 and UB-04 forms
- Train to begin working immediately upon graduation
Must have access to a computer, Internet and an active e-mail account.
Two payment plans are available for Career Step programs.
To learn more about payment plans, contact Career Step at 1-877-225-7151 or firstname.lastname@example.org