Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR
This program is offered in partnership with Career Step. With healthcare reform, medical records must move to an electronic format, which has created an incredible need for administrative professionals trained on electronic health record (EHR) software. With our Medical Administrative Assistant with EHR Online Certificate Program you’ll have the specialized training you need to excel in your new field.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who are interested in working in doctors’ offices, dental offices, hospitals, outpatient clinics, insurance companies and many other medical facilities.
The curriculum is specifically designed to prepare you for the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) and Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist (CEHRS) exams, train you on the industry-standard ezEMRx EHR software and help you gain the necessary knowledge and skills to begin working immediately upon graduation.
Medical administrative assistants work in a professional environment in a variety of healthcare facilities, and the demand for them will only increase as electronic health records become more standard. Positions can be found in doctors’ offices, hospitals, outpatient clinics and many other types of healthcare facilities.
- The entire program is offered online
- Start anytime during the quarter
- Complete it from the convenience of your home and on your schedule
- Progress at the pace that matches your learning style
|Course No.||HSCI 1024|
* Fees are subject to change
Total hours: 285
- Program Orientation 1
- Working as an Electronic Health Records Office Professional 3
- Computer Fundamentals 5
- Keyboard Kinetics 10
- Beginning Microsoft Word 2010 18
- Beginning Microsoft Excel 2010 20
- Healthcare Structure and Organization 25
- Medical Law and Ethics 5
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act 5
- Healthcare Documentation 7
- Exploring Healthcare Reimbursement 25
- Medical Word Building 15
- Basic Anatomy 15
- Mastering Medical Language 23
- Grammar and Punctuation 10
- Medical Office Procedures 20
- Medical Records Management 55
- Medical Office Management 12
- Practice Finances 10
- Final Exam Preparation 1
- Prepare for the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) and Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist (CEHRS) exams
- Train on the industry-standard ezEMRx EHR software
- Gain the necessary knowledge and skills to begin working immediately upon graduation
Must have access to a computer, Internet and an active e-mail account.
Two payment plans are available for Career Step programs.
To learn more about payment plans, contact Career Step at 1-877-225-7151 or email@example.com
Please select the quarter you would like to register