Medical Administrative Assistant Online Certificate
This certificate program is offered in partnership with Career Step. The healthcare industry is growing rapidly due to the country’s aging population and new healthcare laws. Within the large and growing healthcare industry, medical administrative assistants play a key role in making sure everything runs smoothly. Train affordably without sacrificing quality. This program’s comprehensive curriculum was developed by industry professionals with years of experience and is certified by the National Health Career Association (NHA).
Who Should Attend
Professionals who are interested in working in doctors’ offices, dental offices, hospitals, outpatient clinics, insurance companies and many other medical facilities.
The curriculum is specially designed to prepare you for the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMMA) exam, train you on the Microsoft Office suite and help you gain the necessary knowledge and skills to begin working immediately upon graduation.
These professionals can be found working in doctors’ offices, dental offices, hospitals, outpatient clinics, insurance companies and many other medical facilities.
- The entire program is offered online
- Start anytime during the quarter
- Complete it from the convenience of your home and on your schedule
- Progress at the pace that matches your learning style
|Course No.||HSCI 1018|
* Fees are subject to change
Total hours: 200
- Program Orientation 1
- Working as an Administrative Assistant 3
- Computer Fundamentals 5
- Keyboard Kinetics 10
- Beginning Microsoft Word 2007 10
- Beginning Microsoft Excel 2007 10
- Healthcare Structure and Organization 25
- Medical Law and Ethics 5
- Healthcare Documentation 10
- Exploring Healthcare Reimbursement 25
- Medical Word Building 15
- Basic Anatomy 15
- Mastering Medical Language 5
- Grammar and Punctuation 10
- Medical Office Procedures 20
- Medical Office Management 20
- Practice Finances 10
- Final Exam Preparation 1
- Updating and organizing medical records
- Scheduling and coordinating appointments
- Verifying patient insurance
- Completing and submitting insurance claims
- Preparing correspondence between medical providers and their patients
- Providing quality customer service to patients
- Handling front office administrative operations
- Gain the necessary knowledge and skills to begin working immediately upon graduation
Must have access to a computer, Internet and an active e-mail account.
Two payment plans are available for Career Step programs.
To learn more about payment plans, contact Career Step at 1-877-225-7151 or firstname.lastname@example.org