ICD–10 For ICD-9 Coders
Built on over 20 years of experience in training high-quality healthcare professionals, the ICD-10 for ICD-9 Coders program helps you quickly gain the knowledge and skills you will need to be successful with the ICD-10 code set and improve your career opportunities.
Prepare for the Future
The ICD-10 for ICD-9 Coders course was developed by experienced industry experts to make sure it helps you develop the skills you'll need to be successful with the transition to ICD- 10. This training is trusted by some of the largest healthcare institutions in the country, including the leading provider of healthcare services in the U.S. and one of the country's largest managed healthcare companies because it was developed by:
- Ann Zeisset, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, a nationally recognized ICD-10 author and AHIMA educator
- Gail Smith, MA, RHIA, CCS-P, a respected coding and HIM educator and author
- AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainers
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for new ICD-9 medical coders. It is not intended for those who have never completed medical coding training or experienced medical coders.
Prepare you for the new ICD-10 content on the CCA (offered by AHIMA and to be released April 1, 2014) and CPC (offered by AAPC and to be release January 1, 2015) national certification exams.
Medical coding professionals usually work on-site at a healthcare facility. Positions can be found in physicians’ offices, clinics, hospitals, insurance companies, large coding outsourcing companies and other healthcare facilities.
- The entire program is offered online
- Start anytime during the quarter
- Complete it from the convenience of your home and on your schedule
- Progress at the pace that matches your learning style
|Course No.||HSCI 1023|
* Fees are subject to change
Total hours: 137
- Program Orientation 1
- Advanced Anatomy and Physiology 35
- Advanced Pathophysiology 35
- ICD-10 Coding 65
- Final Exam Preparation 1
Our training is specifically designed to prepare you to be successful with the ICD-10 code set. In addition to employertrusted curriculum and online flexibility, the ICD-10 for ICD-9
Coders course will:
- Prepare you for the new ICD-10 content on the CCA (offered by AHIMA and to be released April 1, 2014) and CPC (offered by AAPC and to be release January 1, 2015) national certification exams
- Train you on ICD-10 specific biomedical science concepts so you can effectively use the new, more specific ICD-10 codes
- Guide you through hands-on exercises so you have realworld experience working with the new code set
Must have access to a computer, Internet (high-speed Internet access is recommended) and an active e-mail account. In addition, you may require Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player and Windows Media or QuickTime Player on your computer.
Two payment plans are available for Career Step programs.
To learn more about payment plans, contact Career Step at 1-877-225-7151 or firstname.lastname@example.org