Help Desk Analyst: Tier 1 Support Specialist Certificate
The Help Desk Analyst: Tier 1 Support Specialist Online Certificate Program, offered in partnership with ed2go, uniquely prepares you to work as a support specialist by focusing on the business needs of the customer, establishing credibility and trust, and handling the most difficult customer scenarios. You’ll learn about problem solving and troubleshooting, team dynamics and interpersonal communication skills.
Who Should Attend
Support professionals seeking greater understanding of their job and better performance in doing their job, or those interested in being a part of the computer industry.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be awarded a certificate of completion from California State University, San Bernardino, College of Extended Learning.
- The entire program is offered online
- Instructor-facilitated online courses
- Start anytime during the quarter
- Learn from the convenience of your home and at your pace
|Course No.||GES 208|
* Fees are subject to change
120 hours; 6 months
- Introduction to the Support Industry
- Understanding Customer Satisfaction
- Telephone Communication Skills
- The Call-Handling Process
- Dealing With Difficult Customer-Service Situations
- Developing and Practicing Assertiveness in Customer Support
- Human Resource Issues in the Support Environment
- Ethics in the Workplace
- Team Building Practices, Principles and Issues
- Exam Preparation
- Qualifying Exam
- Staying Current in the Industry
- Tools and Technologies for the Support Center
- Overview of Network Administration
- Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Understanding Computer Telephony Integration
- Creativity and Problem Solving
- The Five-Step Problem-solving Process
- Support Processes and Process Integration
- Competency Development Using T1SS Compentency Model
- Scheduled Iterative Performance Evaluations
- Improve support-center productivity
- Provide exceptional customer support
- Handle difficult customer situations
- Implement best practices for problem solving
- Exhibit assertive confidence while reducing job stress
- Must have access to a computer, Internet (high-speed Internet access is recommended) and an active e-mail account.
- Windows Media Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are also required for this program.