Graphic Design with Photoshop Certificate
Translate your creative talents into an enjoyable and in-demand career! In partnership with ed2go, this certificate program will teach you the fundamentals of Photoshop CS6, the gold standard for image creation and editing. You’ll start with the basics of graphic design and build your skills step by step, mastering the terms and processes that professional graphic artists use. By the time you’re done, you’ll be ready to create images that stand out from the competition— and you’ll be poised to begin a rewarding career in graphic design.
Who Should Attend
Anyone wishing to work in the graphic design industry.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will earn a certificate from California State University, San Bernardino, College of Extended Learning.
- The entire program is offered online
- Instructor-facilitated online courses
- Start anytime during the quarter
- Learn from the convenience of your home and at your pace
|Course No.||GES 516|
* Fees are subject to change
- Introduction to the history and purpose of design
- Editing, selecting and using layers in Photoshop
- Who is your customer?
- Whitespace and diagonals in design
- Evaluating a design as a whole and exploring individual elements
- Fonts and typography
- An in-depth look at layout and color
- Drawing and painting, photo manipulation and color channels in Photoshop
- Color in print versus color on the Web
- Working with illustrators and photographers
- Prepping files for print and production
- Designing for the Web
- Filters and patterns, vector graphics and Web tools in Photoshop
- Developing a project and working within constraints
- Understand the most commonly used graphic design concepts and terminology
- Use any tool in the Photoshop CS6 workspace
- Understand how the history of design has influenced what is popular today
- Show potential employers an impressive electronic portfolio
- Master Photoshop CS6, the world’s most popular application for creating and editing graphic images
- Learn the rules and standards for effective graphic design
- Discover strategies for creating graphics that convey just the right message, style and tone
- Create images that stand out from the competition
- Must have access to a computer, Internet and an active e-mail account. You will also need Adobe Reader and Photoshop CS6 in order to take this program.
- Two textbooks, Photoshop CS5 Digital Classroom and Graphic Design Basics, are included in the program fee.