Get a fast start on your Masters of Science in Accountancy or CPA requirement with a fully online accounting certificate. The country’s recent economic growth has increased the need for employees with accounting skills. With an accounting certificate, completed in only 6 months, you can quickly join the growing field of accountancy.
Who Should Attend
This program is for students who plan to purse a certificate, MSA or CPA but do not have the time or resources to commute to CSUSB. This certificate includes a component to prepare students for the CPA exam.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will earn a certificate of completion from California State University, San Bernardino and be prepared for the CPA exam.
High School diploma
All courses are academic credit that can be used toward a degree program.
- ACCT 211 (Introductory Accounting I): 4 units
- ACCT 212 (Introductory Accounting II): 4 units
- ACCT 372 (Intermediate Accounting): 4 units
- ACCT 373 (Problem Areas in Intermediate Accounting): 4 units
- ACCT 374 (Reporting Issues in Intermediate Accounting): 4 units
- ACCT 347 (Managerial Accounting): 4 units
- ACCT 426 (Introduction to Taxation): 4 units
- ACCT 440 (Financial Statement Auditing): 4 units
- MGMT 230 (Business Law), substitute for ACCT 315: 4 units
Schedule of Courses
|Quarter/Year||Course Date||Courses Offered|
|Winter 2018 - Session 1||1/6 - 2/10/18||MGMT 230, ACCT 211, ACCT 212|
|Winter 2018 - Session 2||2/12 - 3/19/18||ACCT 347, ACCT 372|
|Spring 2018 - Session 1||4/2 - 5/5/18||ACCT 373, ACCT 440|
|Spring 2018 - Session 2||5/7 - 6/11/18||ACCT 374, ACCT 426|
|Summer 2018 - Session 1||6/20 - 7/25/18||MGMT 230, ACCT 211, ACCT 212|
|Summer 2018 - Session 2||7/28 - 9/1/18||ACCT 347, ACCT 372|
|Fall 2018 - Session 1||9/20 - 10/25/18||ACCT 373, ACCT 440|
|Fall 2018 - Session 2||10/29 - 12/3/18||ACCT 374, ACTT 426|
|Winter 2019 - Session 1||1/5 - 2/9/19||MGMT 230, ACCT 211, ACCT 212|
Course waiverEquivalent courses taken at other colleges or universities may be subsituted in place of courses in the program. There is no limit to the amount of courses that can be substituted.
$300 per unit.
Total program: $10,800 (9 courses, 36 units total)
Length of Program
6 months - Student is expected to take 2 classes each session in order to complete the program in 6 months.
- Auditing Clerks
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounting Clerk
- Senior Accounting Assistant
- Staff Accountant
- Financial Clerks